Thursday, April 20, 2006

Common Sense

Ann Coulter's new column is pricless. Here ia the best stuff:

However the Duke lacrosse rape case turns out, one lesson that absolutely will not be learned is this: You can severely reduce your chances of having a false accusation of rape leveled against you if you don't hire strange women to come to your house and take their clothes off for money.

Also, you can severely reduce your chances of being raped if you do not go to strange men's houses and take your clothes off for money. (Does anyone else detect a common thread here?


I could not agree more.

1 comment:

Joe Verica said...

I couldn't agree more. That's why I love Ann Coulter.

My favorite passage from the article is this: "But we're all rotten sinners, incapable of redemption on our own. The liberal answer to sin is to say: I can never pay this back, so my argument will be I didn't do anything wrong."

I am not trying to sound judgemental or prudish, but as Coulter points out, there is a trend here!!! I see the very thing she described happen over and over and over here at Penn State.

If you take a walk across campus, there is no denying that spring is in the air here. I was having lunch with a couple of colleagues the other day - all of us in our late 30s. The topic of the way college girls dress came up. I find it difficult to understand how a women can go to class wearing heels, a halter top and a mini skirt that is only about an inch below her croth. Back when I was in college, we called these girls sluts or skanks or something along those lines. Today, she is just one of many "nice" girls. A nice girl asking for trouble.

Sexual assaults occur on campus with some regularity. Every case is almost the same. Some girl gets drunk at a frat party and gets assaulted by one of the drunken frat brothers. Or a drunk girl is staggering home alone from the bar and is assaulted. It seems as if everyone focuses on the perp! No one says much about the victim. Even though it was not her fault, in is undeniable that there are things she could have done (or not done) to avoid her situation.

I am all for women's "rights", but come on - let's face reality here!