Thursday, May 19, 2005

Steroid Hearings

My first reaction to the congressional steroid hearings was they were a waste of time. After watching the hearings today with the various pro--sports commissioners my position is changing.

There is billions of dollars waged on athletic events every year and the leagues make even more. Allowing legal gambling on sporting events opens them up to regulation. If I am gambling on an event I would like to know it is fair.

As a fan I like to watch big homeruns, hard hits everything that steroids improve so I am still on the fence. However I do think the drug policies in Baseball & Basketball are pathetic. Watching David Stern defend the NBA drug policy is quite amusing.

Steroids is real problem not only in professional sports but sports in general. I do think tough steroid policies in professional sports would go along way to curb the problem.

No comments: