Friday, January 20, 2006

UN Imperialism????

"We don't listen to anybody," said George Kassi, 19, as he hoisted as a stone to throw at the headquarters of the United Nations mission. "We want the complete liberation of Ivory Coast. I won't go home until the U.N. and France leave my country." complete story

I thought the French and the UN were the good guys? Whenever statements such as these come are directed towards the US they are instantly legitimate. These are the same type of statements coming out of France and the UN in regards to the Iraq war.

I know it is popular to say that the only reason that we have any attachment to the Middle East is because of the oil. But to that I say so what! At least we care and are engaged in the region. Africa is more chaotic and worse off than the Middle East. When the Middle East does stabilize (at some point it has to)there will be an even bigger mess in Africa.

No comments: