Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Raider Villanelle


The agony of defeat has ignited my previous dormant artistic side. Here is my ode to the Raiders and the debacle that they are passing off as pro-football. Please win this weekend Raiders, please!



They have hit an all time low
fumbling and bumbling causing me pain.
If they will progress, I do not know.

At the beginning of their record stands an O!
An entire off-season in vain.
They have hit an all time low.

The coach says that this is—oh
shut up! Please you sound so lame.
If they will progress, I do not know.

If there was hard work, it does not show.
There is more than one to blame.
They have hit an all time low

The play caller seems to blow
from a wilderness retreat he came.
If they will progress, I do not know.

Curse words out of my mouth do flow
for my season you did maim.
They have hit an all time low.
If they will progress, I do not know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All the Raiders do is suck
Words that come out of my mouth end with uck!

Bitching starts with Moss
All it gets them is another loss.

Maybe one day they will win a game
Or Al davis will die with shame.

Please, Please win one for us whiners
It could be worse, we could be the 49ers!

Jim Bettencourt

Roy said...

Nice! I never knew you were such a poet.

Joe Verica said...

Nice prose!

Actually, I am suprised at the Raiders futility this year. I thought bring Shell back was a good move, but it seems like he has not caught up with the modern game. I am sure Tuiasisopo (sp?) is not helping much either. Makes you wish you had our old Penn State QB Kerry Collins back.

Joe Verica said...

Wow, thats two-in-a-row for the S&B. This was the first Raiders game I watched this year. Although I am an Eagles fan, I live in a Steelers market. The Steelers are on every week. Most weeks, I can catch the Eagles....

Anyway, the Raiders defense looks pretty good to me. Not the top in the AFC, but good enough to win a number of games.

The offense on the other hand is lame. Art Shell has a lot of work to do. The QB, the backfield, RBs, and WRs all need improvement.

I blame the Raider demise on Al Davis. He is the AFC equivalent of Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. Al was good in his day, but that time has eclipsed him.